Job Title: Project Manager, MTBOK Task Force
Current Employee: vacant
FLSA Status: contract
Reports to: MTBOK Stewards
- Job Summary: Direct and manage efforts of the Massage Therapy Body of Knowledge Task Force to ensure its members successfully produce the desired outcomes within the time and resource constraints; serve as a public liaison for the Task Force; act as a conduit to MTBOK Stewards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present work-plan to MTBOK Stewards at project initiation
- Participate in selection of MTBOK Task Force members
- Direct the efforts of the MTBOK Task Force members
- Provide logistical and organizational support to the MTBOK Task Force members
- Maintain all documents generated by the MTBOK Task Force in a secure, electronic and organized manner
- Interface with stakeholder organizations as part of knowledge-gathering process
- Maintain transparency with Stewards through regular communications
- Use agreed upon comment process to solicit, gather, and organize feedback from stakeholder organizations and outside reviewers on draft outputs
- Revise draft outputs based on feedback
- Deliver and present final outputs to the Stewards, including a plan for dissemination to the massage community at large.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, memoranda, minutes, and reports.
- Skill to use a personal computer and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), and typical database and project management programs. Ideal candidate would possess call for comment, online authoring & collaboration software experience.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and excellent research skills.
- Ability to handle own administrative work.
- Time management and organizational skills
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
- Meaningful experience in project and personnel management
- Familiarity with massage therapy profession; massage therapy training, massage school management, a benefit, not required
- Ideally, experience in research, management of standards, organizational and professional development
- Experience as subject matter expert/project manager for professional body of knowledge development a benefit, not required
- Experience working through volunteers a plus
Expected Result of Assignment:
- Creation of comment/feedback process
- Present deliverables to Stewards with plan for dissemination
- Written Body of Knowledge deliverables to be distributed to massage therapy profession
Expected Timeframe and Payment:
- Contract beginning May 1, 2009
- Expected commitment of 20 hrs/week to project
- Paid two-thirds contract total via monthly stipend
- Paid one-third contract total on delivery of acceptable outputs